1) To restore us in our relationship with God the Father: John 14:7-7, “I am the way… No one comes to the Father except through me.”
2) Because the wages of sin is death, Jesus came to remove our sin so that we can be in a right relationship with God and consequently hear God’s truth: Colossians 1:13-14, “For he [Jesus] has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.”
3) He came to defeat fear and all the ways that the devil has kept us in bondage: 1 John 3:8,”The reason the son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work. Hebrews 2:14, “Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might destroy him who holds the power of death – that is, the devil – and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death.”
4) He came also to transform our lives with His Truth so that we can live full and abundant lives: John 8:32, “If you hold to my teaching …. then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.” And John 10:10, “I have come that they may have life; and have it to the full.”
5) He came to make us free so that we can serve others in love: Galatians 5:1, “It is for freedom that Christ has set us free ……Galatians 5:13, “But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; but rather, serve one another in love.”
For hundreds of years, the church has focused on the cross and the subject of salvation and heaven. I believe the Christian message is more than just salvation. I believe God the Father wants a relationship now with each of his creation. Jesus Christ is the way that God the Father chose to bring us back into this personal relationship with him.
Our souls, which are designed for love, are hurt by our living in this fallen world. We become wounded by life’s experiences. We listen to the lies and consequently start to live out of performance instead of grace and fear instead of freedom. We try to prove to others that we are OK because inside we feel we are not good enough. Without God and his truth, we live in unbelief, pride, idolatry, fear and the sins of the flesh.
But, in 1 John 4:8 it says, “God is love.” God is the solution. What our souls crave is love. We want to be loved – unconditionally. The key to the healing of our souls is what Jesus offers – getting into a right relationship with God the Father so that he can fill us with his love.
We cannot love others if we do not love ourselves. And no mortal person can give us enough love to heal our soul. That is why our relationship with Abba Father is so important. When we turn to God, we can receive the divine love that can heal broken hearts. When we are in relationship with God, we can know God’s will. When we hear God’s truth, we can know our “True Selves in Christ.” When our hearts and souls are healed with God’s love, we can be free of Satan’s grasp and now unconditionally serve others in love.
Come to God the Father through Jesus. Acts 4:12, “Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.” Then, come to God and be healed with his love: Isaiah 43:3
“Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you, do not be afraid, for I am with you.”
As you turn to God and develop your ability to listen to God’s words, he will transform you with his love and truth. That’s what God’s grace is all about. The free gift of unconditional love! For our sake, God the Father wants a relationship with us, and that is why Jesus came to earth!